甘藷潛葉蛾Bodellia ferenodes M.之研究
顏福成 盧定 張松壽
卵 期 間：3∼9日。平均5.3日。
幼 蟲 期 間：7∼24日。平均12.1日。
蛹 期 間：3∼14日。平均5.1日。
(2)產 卵 期 間：1∼17日，平均5.8日。
Ecological Studies on Sweet Potato Leaf Miner (Bodellia ferenodes M.)
F. C. Yen, D. Lo and S. S. Chang
The sweet potato leaf miner is one of the worst insect pests of the sweet potato in southern Taiwan. During annual cultivation, this pest always causes much damage to the sweet potato.
In order to understand the ecology and control methods, we began to study the problem in 1970 and have come to the following conclusions:
1. There are 14 generations of the sweet potato leaf miner annually in southern Taiwan. All duration percentages depend wholly on the weather conditions of the time. A new generation occurs every 14~40 days average 5.3 days. The larval stage takes 7~24 days average 12.1days. The pupal stage takes 3~14 days average 5.1 days. Each stage has the longest duration in winter and the shortest in summer.
2. The adult leaf miner hides under the sweet potato’s leaves or stems during the daytime and flies out after sunset. Then the female lays per eggs on the sweet potato leaf back or vein surface.
3. The egg-laying behavior of the female moth after winging (or emergence) is: The duration from winging to egg-laying takes 1~6 days average 2.0 days. The period of egg-laying takes 1~17 days average 5.8 days. The number of eggs laid per female moth per day is 0~59 grains average 5.7 grains. The number of eggs laid per generation of a female moth is 0~151 grains average rage 30.9 grains. The peak of egg-laying period is between 1 and 4 days after winging and then it becomes lower gradually.
4. The number of eggs is highest between March and April; October and November is second in quantity and the least quantity occurs in the other months.
5. The sexual ratio of the adults is 50.7% female: 49.3% male. The female moths occupy annually any where from 41.7 to 64.3% average 50.7%; thus, the females out number the males.
6. The duration of adult stage female is 1~33 days average 8.9 days; male is 2~26days average 9.3 days.
7. Successful egg incubation is between 38.7 and 91.6%. The annual percentage of eggs successful incubated is 64.8%.
8. After incubating the larvae bore into the leaf-tissue and feed on it. Then ophionome (linear mine) or visceronome or heliconme or stigmatonome (Blotch mine) are produced by these larvae.
9. The older larvae spit weak silk threads between the leaves and stems, hang head downward and pupate. The successful annual population percentage of the larvae is between 17.5 and 100% average 71.7%.
10. Emergence of the adult (moth) from the pupa state can occur in the daytime or at night. The emergence percentage is between 75.0 and 100%, annual average being 97.4%.