一、目前為害落花生之薊馬類主要是豆花薊馬（Taeniothrips distalis Karny）、花薊馬（Thrips spp.）及姬黃薊馬（Scirtothrips dorsalis Hood）等3種。
A Study on the Relationship between Thrips and the Yield of Peanut
W. S. Chen
1. Taeniothrips distalis karny, Thrips spp, and Scirtothrips dorsalis Hood are the three species of thrips that attack peanuts in Taiwan.
2. The thrips are always outbreaking and with high population density in the drought season. There have more serious damages were caused by the thrips in spring crops than in fall crops. From the mid of March to the mid of May and from October to November are the favorable season for outbreaking.
3. Whether the thrips outbreaking or not, it will depend on the climate conditions especially temperature and rain-fall.
4. To control the thrips or not will effect the development and the yield of peanuts.
5. According to the experiment, it was found that the thrips must be controlled and it’s was worth to be done.
6. Advising the growers or farmers to control the thrips at the right time and providing methods to improve the yield of peanut.