小綠浮塵子Chlorita flavescens F 生態及防治研究
卵 期 間： 6∼15日 平均 8.6日
若 蟲 期 間： 7∼31日 平均12.3日
羽化至產卵期間：1∼ 9日 平均 3.0日
產 卵 期 間：1∼17日 平均 5.5日
一雌一日產卵數：0∼17粒 平均 2.8粒
其防治藥劑為Azodrin, Tamaron, metasystox, Lannate等之0.05%稀釋液。
Ecological and Control Measures Studies on Small Green Leaf Hopper (Chlorita Flavescen) in Peanut
F. C. Yen
The results of ecological studies on small green leafhopper on peanut in Tainan are summarized as follows:
1. This pest had 15 generations in southern Taiwan each year. The days needed for the completion of one successful generation are ranged from 13 to 45 days and 20.8 days in average. The egg stage duration is ranged from 6 to 15 days and 8.6 days in average. The nymphal stage duration is ranged from 7 to 31 days and 12.3 days in average.
2. Some characteristics of egg-deposition by female leaf-hopper after emergence are stated as follows: The duration for preoviposition (from emergence to egg-deposition) is ranged from 1 to 9 days and 3.0days in average. Egg-deposition is lasted from 1 to 17 days and 5.5 days in average. The number of eggs deposited by a female is varied from 0 to 17 and 2.8 in average. The total number of eggs deposited by a female in the whole is varied from 0 to 76 and 12.9 in average. The peak of egg-deposition is lasted from 3 to 6 days after emergence.
3. The sexual ratio of female to male is 54.3 to 45.7. It indicates that the number of female is more than males in population.
4. The life-span of the female is longer than that of the male, and average life-span are about 9.3 days for both sexes. Their life-spans are ranged from 2 to 28 days.
5. The nymph and adult rest on the back side of the leaves or the new bud, and absorb the sap from it. When the new bud being heavily attacked, it will dry to death, while it being slightly attacked would become yellowish, wrinkled, and stunted. The female lays eggs on the tissue of new bud, leaf vein or leaf stalk.
6. The percentage of emergence ranged from 40% to 100% and 77.2% in average.
7. This pest occurs throughout the whole year in Tainan area. Its population was higher from September to early November than those from February to April. Looking from the peanut planting season, leaf hoppers have a heavier population from March to October than those from November to the following January. The damage caused by leaf hopper is more serious in Fall crop than that in Spring crop.
8. The yield loss caused by leafhopper is very significant, especially in Fall crop. If no control was taken, yield may decrease by 26.5%.
9. The yield loss caused by this pest in early growth stage of peanut is more serious than that of middle growth stage.
10. Different peanut variety shows different degree of susceptibility to this pest. Tainan No. 10 seems to show some degree of resistance to this pest.
11. It is not necessary to use pesticide to control the leaf hopper of peanut in Spring crop because the population density is low. In Fall crop, about 30 days after sowing and when each plant has 5 leaf hoppers, it is necessary to spray recommended pesticide solution in 1 or 2 times. For the control of this pest by using the diluted solution of the 0.05% products such as Azodrin, Tamaron, Metasystox or Lannate could obtain the good results.